HELLO JAPAN!!

on 10/05/2009 06:30:00 PM
Hello everyone! I've safely arrived in narita airport on 3rd of October (Friday) 7 o'clock in the morning. All of us went our separate ways in the airport too quickly before a group picture can be taken. Anyhow wish all of us will enjoy our new adventure in Japan!




GuangYi, Eka (a new friend from Indonesia who's in the teacher's program) and I were then guided all the way to Tsukuba University by the uni's agents. Thanks to Ms. Matsumi at the airport for purchasing bus ticket to Tsukuba Center, and Ms Yuriko and Ms Ayumi for hailing taxi for us to get to the university dormitory, we were able to reach our destinations respectively before 12pm.

Then Yik Chia, a fellow Malaysian Mext Scholar who came to Japan in April helped me to do registration for my dormitory. My room is on the 4th floor and we carried my 40+kg luggages up by stairs.. But that's nothing compared to when I saw my room.. It's really like empty, except for a window (no curtain!), table, a swivel chair, a bed and a basin. OMG not even a closet to begin with.. So being too tired to care, we just dumped everything into my room and think about the things I need to buy later. damn pek chek (exasperated) I tell you.

But the worse is yet to come. It's raining and i was drenched on the way to the dorm. So I'd think of bathing but then, there's only the public bath available! and it's not open until 5pm! *faint* Luckily Yik Chia let me used her bathroom (damn sad mine does not come with one) and then off we went for lunch.

I'm super grateful that we have Yik Chia and Radzian who brought us to go shop for stuff. There's plenty of convenient shops which are seriously convenient, cos I can get almost everything I need from one place, if i don't want to compare prices. But I do, so we went to several shops to get all the necessary things for basic survival. Here's some pictures for you to see what my room is like.

Do remember that everything besides table, chair, bed and the window is self bought. seen a white pole across the room? well it's used as below.




I don't have a balcony so I have to hang dry my clothes on the pole.


Here's the other end of the room. My LAN cable is connected to the port on top of my door. how greatly "convenient" is that? In the end I had to get another 10M LAN cable cos mine was simply too short for this.


This is where I wash and drink from.

The good thing about my room is that it's clean and has got a nice view over looking the greens and a tennis court, which is too dark to be seen now, though it's just about 6pm when I took the photo.

Well, all in all the dormitory has toilet on all 4 floors (my room's on the highest floor) and has kitchen and washing machine on alternate floors. Best of all, I found that my dormitory block has 2 enclosed shower places! Omg it's like a god bless so I don't need to go naked in front of others. Even if it needs 100 yen for just 10 mins of shower time, I'd go for it even if I'm broke XD

So that's all for now! I'll upload more soon!

*edit* here's my window view at 12pm.

This is the straight out view from my window. the road goes out of campus and there's many convenient shops there. The tennis court is actually blocked by the tree leaves.

The right view. The road ahead (opposite direction of the cyclist) leads to my Dormitory Living Center, where the management office, public bath, some convenient shops are at.

This is the left view. the red/pinkish building is Oikoshi dormitory block 13, right beside mine.

That's all about my room now. I'll be going to do my ALIEN REGISTRATION *I'm not prawn!* later at the city hall so stay tune for pictures!

11 replies

  1. ~y3nch1ng~ Says:

    Wow.. This is cool!!!
    Waiting for more updates :)

  2. Anonymous Says:

    waiting for moar pic..

  3. Faz Says:

    thats cool lisa...small room,xtreme internet...yup,smells like japan

    now dont u go complaining and nagging after this,or all my jealousy will go to waste lol :P

  4. keikomshan Says:

    haha ur room stil not so bad~~ better than d path way tat time u sent me....

  5. Alan Bong Says:

    hey lisa... so nice ar the room in japan.. kecil kecil but cozy. anyway hope to hear from you soon. do update more on ur blog. take care ya. keep in touch. sayonara (with japanese slang)!! LOL

  6. kiddokun Says:

    OH.MY.GOD.

    Your own private room. Damn, I really wish I have a room of my own back when i was studying. I don't care how small it is, I just want a room of my own.

    Well, if you think about it, back in PBBU the room was kinda my own since edo RARELY comes home.

  7. Yihui Says:

    glad to hear that u r safe and sound. take care tiger. =)
    ps: small room's easier to clean la. ^.^

  8. Shu Yin Says:

    Lol, I don't think there's any spot left for you to clean leh....haha. Still good that its clean though own bathroom would have been nice. And who so smart put the LAN port ABOVE the door? o_o; Like the locals, you'll learn to adapt I guess...Post more of your (mis)adventures along with pics! =)

  9. Volvoxx Says:

    hahaha at least its a private room. Its nice tho. With sink and all summore

  10. Li Sa Says:

    Faz: alright haha I'll stop complaining so i can make you jeles more XD

    meishan: that one was the other dorm. mine was refurbished earlier the year so it's clean and bright XD

    alan: hey nice to hear from you! hope you are doing well with work! It's small but good enough for one person I guess :p hope to see you again soon!

    Kid: Well yeah. This is the first time I'm having a room to myself too, if you don't count my previous room in taman bungaraya where my roomie's rarely in as well XD

    yihui: Yeah easier to clean lo.. but i scared later when i buy electric stuff like tv and rice cooker then no place to put di lol.

    Shuyin: yeah.. later i buy more stuff then seriously no where to clean di orz.. the location of LAN port is the most illogical thing in my room. maybe I should ask the local why it's there XD more photos to come so don't worry!

    kristine: yeah. most of the room is single or family unit. I think it's okay now that I'm getting used to it di :p but no hotwater so have to boil in winter to wash up in the morning *dies*

  11. yihui Says:

    no hot water? sounds like my old room back in india, which's worse, like a prison cell. the only good thing was there's a toilet in each room. but it's great that u have a room all to urself. =)

Bits of Life | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com