When Typhoon 18 Comes..

on 10/09/2009 08:49:00 PM
Everyone get to stay at home and no need to go for classes! yey~ *get slapped*
So being a good girl, I stayed indoors throughout the morning when the typhoon come passing by. I won't dare to go out in case some flying roof tiles hit me or some tree branch come crashing on me. You'd never know how lucky I am on this kind of things..

So I stared at the strong wind swaying and rocking the trees from my window, of which the tightly locked glass was clattering like it's gonna break off any minute. Here's the view from my window, though it's kinda hard to see if the tree's were swaying or not.

But then you can see the effects of the tremendously strong wind on the tree branches here.
See? that thick branch was broken off the tree. What if it hit me when it was torn off? Scary..

Luckily the buildings are all intact. The big bad wolf can't blow away the concrete house!

But sadly if you look closely, some other things got blown off their position.


Yup. the bicycles all look damn pityful..

Even mine fell to the side due to domino effect, under the bicycle shelter, which is at bottom left of the picture. That's me in the reflection with GACC shirt XD I took the pictures indoors so don't mind it :p

Then when it's about noon, the typhoon was said to have pass over to the tohoku area, which is in the north so it should be safe to go out. So I went over to my lab to set up my desktop (provided by the lab woot!) using Ubuntu. It took me very long cos after setting up the pc, me and my tutor found out that the DVD drive slot just won't budge.. So in the end I have to set up another one with working DVD drive. It's only pentium 4 my goodness.. oh well. Not that I'm complaining.

So after much frustration, I managed to set up half of the settings needed, and then a lab mate of mine, who's a really nice japanese girl showed me the best scene ever during sunset! we went to the roof top and saw this amazing view of Mt. Fuji!!
Isn't it cool? I din expect to see it from here, but she told me that it's only about 200km away so it can be seen when the clouds are gone, thanks to typhoon 18!

And here's the Mt. Fuji with the huge ass antenna dish on the left which is always revolving.




My frustration was blown off completely thanks to this beautiful scenery. Really hope to be able to go climb Mt. Fuji someday!

And so this is the end of the report on typhoon 18!

9 replies

  1. mun Says:

    I almost got tiup away by the wind. I still have to go campus. >.<

  2. Adam Nair Says:

    ooo, that's very nice!

    Japanese people are very friendly eh? Cool!

  3. QJ Wong Says:

    Stay safe!

  4. Li Sa Says:

    mun: swt. no cuti for you? we all were told to stay indoors so all class cancelled.

    AN: Yeah they are. really patient people too.

    QJ: I will not become a storm chaser I promise! XD

  5. Shu Yin Says:

    Yeah, Gaia isn't very happy these days...better be careful~ >.< Have u learned what to do during an earthquake yet?

    Nice pic of the sunset with Mount Fuji there though. Hope I'll be able to see it someday too!

  6. faz Says:

    whats with us and earthquake and japan with typhoon? arent it suppose to be the other way around
    anyway,did u guys just have a gakuensai?

  7. sher may Says:

    hey,take care!
    man,can see mt fuji there,so nice of it!!like to read ur blog,post up more pictures of japan ya! ^.~

  8. Anonymous Says:

    wahh... i wanna go there lols..

  9. BlackHowling Says:

    Oh i R slow. Nice view of Mt. Fuji btw. :P

    Take care and ...oh, Loo Mun nyaris jadi superwoman? Ouch.

    Well good to know that the blog still alive. :D Keep it up!

Bits of Life | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com