Under The Roof

on 9/17/2009 09:24:00 PM
Literally. Have you ever wonder how the space between the ceiling and the roof of your house looks like? When I was a kid, I used to stare up at the ventilation hole and think that if I stare long enough I'd see the monster living up there.
boogie man up there!
"Boogie man lives up there!!" ...Too bad kids nowadays are too smart for that already, sigh.

Well last Sunday after returning home early from a grocery shopping in Tesco (sadly the only 'in' place with air-con in Taiping) with parents, we decided not to go out anymore due to laziness. So dad decided to fix our telephone line at home. It became problematic when the phone line is connected to the phone upstairs (my house is a double-storey) and disrupts the internet connection without fail. So dad, the super handy-man came to the rescue!

Dad's the coolest when it comes to fixing stuff XD

He went into the master room and slid a piece of the ceiling board off the side and went up the boogie man's hideout. I follow suit, and here's a picture on the way up.

The lamp is so dusty, and everything else too up there.

Once I'm at the top of the ladder, I can't help looking down.

Ooohh.. getting dizzy.. not! haha. I'm not afraid of heights, but more of falling down and kissing the tiles. painful.. *wobble*

So turning my head up away from the scary sight, the arc of the roof came into view.

That's a fluorescent light at the bottom left which my dad installed so that boogieman can't lurk in the dark here.

Walking gingerly on the wood, dad reached the hub of telephone lines and start working on them, basically just rewiring and clamping them up with terminal caps.


I didn't dare to walk up there, knowing my own clumsiness. one wrong step and off i go plundering down to my death. noo way. So I've only taken pictures standing on the ladder.

Here's a wooden support of the roof, with the blue-ish metal thing fixing the wood together.


And this is the water tank. I hope no rats or cockroaches are swimming in there.. nope I'd suppose that's out of the question. *gulps*


And this is the wires connecting to the tv aerial, which is not in use ever since we installed Astro XD

My exploring up there was cut short when dad had wrapped up his work. So we came down safely and successfully have the phone upstairs ringing with the internet connection intact. Mission accomplished!

So that's all about the adventures of exposing the truth behind boogieman's hideout! Now that we are done with that, I feel more insecure knowing rats and cockroaches would easily take boogieman's place up there... >__<

Bits of Life | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com