Blog Layout done + Sakura pics!

on 5/21/2009 04:48:00 PM
Phew, after hours of clicking around, the sidebar widgets are done, except the picture slideshow. I am abit lazy to upload pictures from my pc to picasa or photobucket or even flickr so I'll leave the sidebar as it is now.

Among the widgets which I'm most satisfied with are the blog archive calendar and the label cloud. Those were the applications that I had always wanted in my blog since last time but dun have the know how to realize them. *happy*

It was very tedious tagging all of my blog post, wasting like 2-3 hours just by doing it. Looking back on all my blog post since 2005, I notice that:

1. I have put on alot of weight
2. My command of english has deteriorated exponentially
3. Most of my posts are rants, if not about exams then it's about assignments =_=
4. I can rant on so much petty stuffs that I feel like killing myself reading them
5. I miss CG-ing
6. My mom looks so young 3 years ago *reminds self to bear-hug her when home*
7. It brings back memory when looking back on outings and birthday parties
8. Feels old when reading the genki posts by my younger self.
9. Makes me want to get back to the people i used to be very close with but got drifted apart in time.
10. When was my last YamCha session!?

It's kinda sad if we just go off our own separate path before having a last gathering. My last semester is all about fyp and assignments and exams only. Moreover I had only 2 subjects so the time i spend in the campus was so little, let alone meeting friends or visiting their events. Hopefully will get to gather with everyone before I leave man!

Anyhow, off to a lighter topic! I've uploaded Sakura pictures taken in Japan courtesy of my host family as well as a new friend, who is a super senior in Tsukuba University, the one i'll be going to this october XD!

This is taken by Ms Yap, who's doing her doctorate there, around Tsukuba University.
I wanna walk under the sakura trees everyday!! XD


Then the following are taken by my host family in Nishio city, Aichi Prefecture.
They went to a park there for 花見 (Hanami), which is a tradition to appreciate the cherry blossom.




Close up on the cherry blossoms~



This is my Host mother, Naoko-san and her husband holding their cute granddaughter Nat-chan. She's getting cuter and cuter now. Makes me wanna hug her again so much XD


The woman in this pic would be nat-chan's mother, Tomoko-san, daughter of Naoko-san.
She brought me to 2nd-hand manga shop during one of the weekend and it was where i get my awesome hardcover tsubasa volumes for only 100yen each *woot*


And soon I will be seeing sakura for myself!! yey~ don't worry cos I'll take pictures when I do k XD hopefully won't be too dead preparing for the entrance exam for the master course by then *swt*

7 replies

  1. Volvoxx Says:

    Ei picasa is very damn easy (and bloody organized)...just download the program and it'll pretty much organize all the pics in your PC for you...and from there you can upload it into your picasa account and u can choose a folder to make slideshow...i suuuuka sangat sangat!

    The sakura pics are so lovely....I wanna go there see at least once before i die...lol!

    My blog layout doesnt support widgets...tulan nia......eh go register nuffnang la

  2. hey lisa..
    long time no heard any news from u ^^
    glad to c u doing well in japan ~
    i like the sakura ^^

  3. *paiseh...
    u r still in msia..not in japan..haha XD

  4. kiddokun Says:

    Ah yes, I do recall you went to the Japan home stay trip. The sakura trees looks lovely. Definitely one of my wishes to go to Japan.

    Wah, a senior eh. I bet you're going hv fun calling her sempai. :P

  5. Li Sa Says:

    Kristine: souka? i'll go try it after exam then~
    Definitely have to go Japan see sakura at least once XD come find me la while i still there :p

    Yiting: yo! so long never heard from you too. how are you? I just found out your blog too. I going only in October lo. not so soon haha. Need to eat all our local food until puas first only go XD

    Khurshid: Yeah.. gonna blog some pics of the trip later XD got tons of them dunno which to put up :p
    It's a bit awkward actually haha. she's almost my mom's age di xD
    Btw, i added the function you suggested to hide the long post. neat eh? XD

  6. Unknown Says:

    Wow, walking under the sakura trees while the petals fall all over seems kinda drama/anime-ish. Romantic~ Kekeke. Hopefully I'll be able to go for a visit soon~ =D

  7. kiddokun Says:

    yeah, it helps to make your blog neater. :)

Bits of Life | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com