C'est la vie

on 1/13/2005 05:10:00 PM
Hmm.. many unexpected things had happened this week, for me at least, being an ignorant brat and all. Can't do anything about them, and i found that C'est la vie is jz the mot juste for them. :P
There were many clubs holding events this week, as we can see that stalls and booths were all set up along the clc concourse. Of course the heated promotions - colourful and striking banners, handouts, and the ubiquitous, ugly, yet effective flyers- had caught the attentions of the streaming students, who were gathering in the concourse from all directions. We have the JLS with their Japanese cultural week, the Engsoc's E-week, along with CLS which hold events all so frequent that ppl got sick of it... The concourse was bursting with life; Sushi, Hotdogs and even secret recipe cheesecakes were sold while other venders were selling an array of accessories, dvds and vcds, and also anime merchandises; Streams of ppl flowed in the spot, with boisterous noises echoing everywhere from the bubbly chit chat to the persistant advertising of the products. Meanwhile, the Xpose team were lurking in the dark exercuting mysterious plans.
I din feel like eating so we went back to our room. We heard sirens screaming from afar but we jz ignored it, until it got abit too annoying. Kristine went to check out when Yining came back and told me what happened. FOSEE's on fire! My jaw dropped. Shooting off the room and out to the stairs, me and Kristine squinted at FOSEE for any commotion, smoke or fire. We saw a fireman and the fire engine, which is the source of the siren and a few ppl gathering down the road. We din see any smoke or even fire if it matters, but yining said the smoke was previously coming from the labs. Relieved yet sum what disappointed (i'm jz being honest) we went back to our room.
After class at 3, I went to the main hall to donate blood, with Kristine tagging along. It was nothing to me, cos I've done it before, though it doesn't really matter. We went in the freezing room non-chalantly and i got the form to fill in. While i'm doing it, many ppl were gathering at the entrance and were creating a commotion. There were Weiyong, Benedict, Adrian and other group 2 ppl. I teased them of being a bunch of scary-cats and they came in while shooting me back. They were very excited as they were filling in the forms, and the atmosphere became merrier. Most of them were first-timers and I was kinda acting like a senior(bleh). When it was my turn after all the procedures, i went and get my blood drained out while chatting and laughing at Kristine's remark on how fast was my blood gusting out. I was jz going to fill up the pack when Wei Yong came to me and said she can't donate. I stared at her in bewilderment. She explained that her blood count was under requirement. I can't help laughing at her sulky face while she stood there looking eagerly at my blood pack.
Before long, i was up and feeling jz fine. I had a cup or two of the full-cream coco and munched on the bread provided there. Mohan was there donating blood as i opened up a pack of biscuits(Free food!). We hovered over him and Adrian was in the other chair, looking kinda tensed. We chatted awhile and it seems that rumours were spreading about the fire incident. Ppl said it was the Xpose's doings and was jz a hoax. Yet there were injuries, as told by others. *shrugs* we couldn't care less and so we left after i've devoured the whole pack of biscuits, satisfied.
And, oh yeah, we skipped Physics tut. Big deal. We got ppl to sign for us wat :P
At about 10, we ended our japanese class, which has more students now and getting more interesting. We learnt the all the hiragana characters, which i can hardly read still.
Feeling hungry, i went out with yining and gang to get food. We ate our supper at the burger haram place(it's jz wat we call it), which was situated at the bustop near EP. The beef burger was delicious and filling. After that, we went back contented.

The next day, the unexpected and even worse thing happened. At 12sth, as i was happily munching my sandwich at my computer, I turned to my left when i heard a click from the stand fan. The propeller slowed down. And to my HORROR, my monitor blackout in a blink and guess wat? all my queues and downloads in Mirc GONE! ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! BLACKOUT!!! Not to mention the room was like sahara desert without the fan!! What the hell happened?!
In an instant, my query was answered by Yining, the news bearer. She said KL and Johor and other places suffer blackout too. Maybe there was a power trip or sth. True enough, we found out in The Star Online later that there was a power trip in Kapar, near Port Klang, which cause this to happen. But at that time, i was jz thinking about my lab session, which was 2 hours later. Without electricity we certainly can't conduct the experiment! and along that came the thought of class cancelling. Excited about it, i phoned boss and asked him to comfirm it. Although the lecturer was not in, we were very sure that if there's still no electricity at 2pm the lab sec. will be cancelled. I was so glad to hear this and wished that the blackout will last until 5. This is because all of us dreaded lab sec as everyone will be so tensed up and cranky and mad during that 3 interminably tormenting hours. We jz hated it. end of story. And so, half expecting the cancellation, i went to Loo Mun's room as it's windy and read my novel leisurely. I was even planing to go hiking with Yining at 4sth since we dun have class anymore. And, I spoke too soon...
at almost 2, Ce-yi rang me and told me to go for lab in a panicky tone. I was like 'huh? wat lab session?' and then it dawn on me that the dreadful lab is still on. I sprang out of Loo Mun's room and changed in a jiffy while waking Kristine up. And then we rushed to FOSEE as if our lives depended on it.
On the ground floor, we saw ppl waiting for the lift and naturally we too joined in, since the lab's on the 5th floor. As we were in the lift, the door was stucked when it's suppose to open up at 4th floor. We patiently waited for it to open, anxiety growing in every passing second. There were dead silence and i broke it irritatedly with "sh*t! Are we stuck or wat?" Everyone looked tenser, thanks to me...
But, as if i've jz said 'open sesame!', the door slided open, and all of us ran out for our lives. It was such a frightening moment, and i was so glad that we jz nearly got stuck in an elevator...
In a huff and a puff, we went in to the lab and got into our groups. It was super stuffy and hot in there. We started off doing the experiment, which was luckily quite easy compared to last time, as the Newbie Lecturer said we can't complete the second part of the experiment and thus have to come back on friday to do it. This created and uproar as it was unreasonable. Ppl had bought tickets back home and some have to prepare for the Miss Spark event, and there he was, asking ppl to cancel their plans and waste their tickets in such a short notice jz to finish off the damn experiment. How considerate. We certainly dun need anymore excitement now, being burning with heat as well as anger. The boys were swearing blatantly and they meant to let that newbie hear them. I would have left the lab if i could, as the room was on the verge of bursting with flaming anger and intolerable tension.
Luckily, things got better as the power supply was back on. It really saved the day. We can now conduct the 2nd part of the experiment, though many were still pissed off. At least we dun have to do class replacement, i thought. We finished the experiment early and was relieved. I've had enough for one day... it kills. Wonder how i'd survive the rest of the lab sessions as i foresee the bleak future of it...
Exhausted, we drag ourselves back to our room and called it a day.
Bad Things happen to us, whether we like it or not. And sumtimes, we jz can't help it. Oh well, C'est la vie~

P.S right after i came back to my room, i on my com and also the speakers. and Puffed! the music died down into dead silence as i turned ash white. Now i have to use headset until the end of the sem... jz great. Things are inevitable but why this!? Arrrgggh... it jz isn't my day.

Bits of Life | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com