Back from Penang!

on 12/06/2004 06:49:00 PM
Wow! i woke up early today too! 9am! Weee!
Ahem, back to topic..

At about 1pm, Mom ushered everyone off to get ready. We are going to Penang! yey!
Before our journey, We went to a kopi tiam for lunch.. me and my younger sis din eat much cos we had 3 pieces of bread and melted cheese for breakfast..Urgh..damn full. So dun have the chance to eat the infamous noodle soup my dad was bragging about (he eats there almost everyday...).

During the journey i was reading Diane Wyne Jones's Merlin Conspiracy, which i bought ages ago but din have the chance to finish it. But then i dozed off some where in the middle where the main character was going into another world.. When i woke up, The Bright big blue words forming 'Tesco' filled my blured sight. Yeah! it's the recently opened Tesco in Penang! and it was such a sight! cars streaming in from all directions, bumper to bumper, and the queue jz to get in the car park is like a huge long dragon. While we were stuck out there, i can see that the building is a 3 storey and most of ground floor and first floor was made as carpark. In the process, lots of honking were involved.. Geesh, these ppl jz can't wait, can they? We were lucky cos we found a place instantly, thus we dun have to listen to or even join in the concerto of sound pollution..:P

In no time, we were in the Hyper market. Phew! Compare to the cars, there's even more ppl in here! I was excited to get in this new mall before, but the excitement kind of died off cos i dun like crowds much. My family was heading to the loos while i hang around, browsing the shops. There were many shops on ground floor and first floor while the Tesco hypermarket occupies the most of 3rd floor. i was walking around when i suddenly saw my fren, who's suppose to let me stay at her house in penang on Tues. She was shocked to see me so soon and i'm kinda surprised too! never thought that i would bum in to her like that. it's been more than 6 months since i last saw her! After a brief session of chit chatting, she'd had to leave. So, i went on to the 3rd floor with my family.

There, the place was huge, but crowded. not much difference compared with other Tescos, but wat am i expecting? duh. So i loitered around, and then got myself in the cd section. My dad and the others were way behind browsing for stuff i'm not interested in, so might as well join them later when they are done. After i've look through most of the cds on the racks, they finally caught up with me. We then went to the food section, which, you're right, i'm interested in. hehehe...

I was going to queue up for the hot-from-oven potato buns but then got fed up. ppl were pushing and jostling to get their famished hands on the buns. i was disgusted by those ppl.Maybe it's because the buns were cheaper by 10 cents. Heh. 10cents can really make a difference.. the buns were good, but it din worth me getting into the bunch of ravenous, uncivilised aunties and uncles and behaving like them. No way. I told Mum, and we decided not to get them.

After a while, my family realized that things aren't jz that cheap in Tesco, which is true compared to the price in Taiping :P. So we paid and left the mall. Outside was raining like cats and dogs as we got out to the sheltered parking lot. Then we drove off to the pc fair! yey!

When we reached PISA the penang sports stadium around 7pm, it was crowded, as expected. I was too happy to be bothered by the crowds this time. I practically jumped off the car and flew off to the arena, where the pc fair was held. there were many make shift lots set up for selling computer stuff. so many gadgets, accessories, computers and laptops!! Wee!! I was caught in a frenzy seeing all these. We walked around and took alot of prise lists and catalogs. We saw ppl selling cd-rs really cheap (38 bucks for 100!)and pendrives(512MB!) and also wireless routers(about 300 bucks!) and powerful woofers. But i was searching for nothing else but a mouse! heheheh.. there were so many types of them, price ranging from RM5 to RM100!! Crazy, eh?

I had another surprise here! Cher Aun is promoting for streamyx there! hahaha.. never thought i would see him there like that! He was shocked too, and thought that i lived in penang. Darn.. he mistaken me for Kristine.. another gone case.. Do we really look the same?! At least i dun think so... ><"
Besides, my dad was also surprised to see the saleman in Low Yat,who sold Dad a mp3 player, appearing at the pc fair too! that's such a coincidence! Ha! Double surprise for us!

At last, i finally made up my mind to get a big enough and comfy optical mouse. Yey! it'll be more comfortable doing my Photoshop next time! no more cramps! ^_^
Dad bought some stuff too and thus we happily left the chaotic scene with salesppl shouting frantically,"Last night! Last Stock! Last call! 5 bucks each!"

Before heading home we went to Prangin Mall. It was about 9.15pm and shops were closing any minute then. I rushed up the escalators to the cd shops along with my sis. they were searching for the new RO (ragnarok online) guide book while i was browsing cds. It was bad news for them cos all the books were sold out while i've got hold of the cd i wanted. Oh well, we just have to search other places for the guide book other time then, since all the shops were closing by then.

At 10pm, we got out and headed home. All of us had tired and sore feets. It wasn't astonishing that most of us (except dad, my uncle and I) fell asleep in the car instantly in the car. hehehe.. I wanted to sleep but too bad! When the sleepiness finally came, we had reached home. Home Sweet Home!

Bits of Life | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com