In da House!

on 6/16/2005 05:31:00 PM
After stopping by KL for a night, I've finally arrived in Melaka in the afternoon, still having mixed feelings about going to classes again. Dad drove us (me, my aunt and uncle) in his trusty, roaring van, along with all my junks and of course, my bike! wee~

Well, the house was so dusty but it was even worse when Kristine and Loo Mun first came. The irresponsible previous tenants left piles of unwanted rubbish such as expired instant noodles, mould-covered foodstuff and other debris scattered around the house and in the fridge. The kitchen was abominable, such that you won't want to set a foot on the greasy black floor. the marble tiles on the walls were no better. scary... But thanks to the 2 brave and diligent girls, i arrived not seeing the grisly crimescene. Yet, i still can't stop sneezing when i ventured into my room. It was dusty (duh!) and the toilet was dirty. Outside, the small balcony was jz plain aweful, filled with obstinate dirt/mud.

Much cleaning had to be done, and i was so thankful that i've brought along my aunt and uncle... they helped alot in cleaning the bathroom and the balcony and rearranging the furnitures in my room. My uncle even nailed a couple of strings in the balcony for clothes hanging while my aunt swept and mopped my room and even the living room. All this were done while my dad was doing the wiring for our LAN cables and fixing them nicely for us. I would be so helpless without them, honestly. Then, about 2 hours later, we went to Tesco to get some stuff, leaving Loo Mun and Kristine continuing their hard work in the kitchen. I've got an organizer and a plastic chair, water filter and other kitchen utensils and tools needed. Guess what? Tesco dun sell pipes, taps or other plumber stuff. So, we went around bukit beruang to find shops that provide those. Luckily, we found one that was nearly closing. Before long, dad and uncle were back to plumbing and fixing my computer table. We finally settled everything-- i've also finish unpacking-- and had dinner in a vegetarian shop (my aunt's one) at about 9 sth. Phew! talk about being worn off. I kinda felt guilty for making the adults do all the heavy work, especially my dad, who's gonna drive back to KL after dinner. *sigh*

The first night in D house was horrible. I was like a sitting duck for all the mosquitos. My left arm was bitten uncountable times and those pesky, blood-thirsty monsters likes to buzz around my ears before landing another jab. Urgh! i woke up several times, irritated. So, after 5 hours of continuously interrupted sleep, i gave up. I jumped off the bed and went bathing instead. that was about 6 in the morning. haiz. After that night, i bought mosquito repellant, which really worked.Thank God it did, or it would be another sleepless night for me. The next few days before classes start were dull. we continued to clean the house, but it was minor and less tedious. Besides cleaning, we jz hang around and watch movies and animes in our computers. this is wat happen when we can't online... lucky we still have our com, or we'll suffer the more tormenting boredom XD. really hope we can online soon...

Bits of Life | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com