NEET is Fun

on 6/10/2009 04:12:00 PM
NEET is an acronym for the government classification "Not currently engaged in Employment, Education or Training". It was first used in the United Kingdom but its use has spread to other countries, including Japan, China and South Korea.

In Japan, the classification comprises people aged between 15 and 34 who are unemployed, unmarried, not enrolled in school or engaged in housework, and not seeking work or the technical training needed for work. The ‘NEET group’ is not a uniform set of individuals but consists of those who will be NEET for a short time while essentially testing out a variety of opportunities and those who have major and often multiple issues and are at long term risk of remaining disengaged.

As plucked from Wikipedia.

After finishing my last paper, I am proud to say that I now fit the bill to be called a NEET! It's been two weeks (or was it three? time flies) since my last paper had ended, and you bet I've been having fun through and through until now.

To recall back, right after exam on Tuesday I had dinner with Shuyin and Lynn in kokiya, leaving poor loomun at home cracking her brains for her final paper on thursday. Then Wednesday we had a class gathering in Seoul garden, about 16 of us there which was alot of fun where we kinda make signature gestures of our lecturers throughout our course and guess who it was. The next day we had a close fren's bbq gathering in Alan's house and that's cool too while busy writing/signing Anne's and jon's sigma books. Then Friday whole day is spent in Muar, with William, Jun, CP, Weiyong, Loomun and Suj. The food was really great there, where we went to the famous street of hawker food for otak-otaks and half way to yong peng for the mouth watering yam ring basket. Photos will be uploaded when I get them, hopefully *stares at someone*

The night on sat we had our EMiNA Gang Last Gathering in Wazen, where we have 11 of us there making silly poses at the facade of the restaurant *haven't grown up*



there's Qj, Kristine, LooMun, me and Lynn on the left, and Khurshid, Nazrin, Edo, Shuyin and Dexter on the right. Jin's snapping the pic lol.


My best friends and housemates ever.

On Sunday, it's the House Moving day. In the morning I went out for branch with Motor uncle and his family at the Shun Fat Bak Kut Teh restaurant in town.


The motor uncle had been helping me uncountable times throughout my years in Melaka, although he's abit on the rough side and always pulling my leg whenever I see him.


I'll really miss his 2 kids Ah Hock and Ah Pei too. Before we parted I gave them all the GACC sponsor stuffs leftovers.

Then after clearing the house completely (took several hours to move our boxes of stuff accumulated for 4 years @.@) and getting back our deposits from the agent, Mr. Sanjay, who is going to be married end of june *super busy*, we went around the house once more time, and left our home for 4 years. So goodbye, our Melaka home!

Before Loomun and I went to the bus sentral, we had dinner in Sakura House, which was not really that splendid after all. Wat you pay is wat you get i suppose. Won't really recommend it to people but hey, i'll leaving melaka di so nvm!

After 6-7 hours of bus trip *backache* I'm back to my beloved raintown. It was 3.30am when i reached but yey the HoShin (raingod in hokkien) who always triggers the 'rain' switch whenever she wash her clothes is finally back to her hometown.
Home sweet home~

To everyone I know throughout the past 5 years, I'm glad to have you as my classmates/friends during my life in MMU. I will treasure the moments we have together and will miss you all dearly. Even if our paths may not cross again, the times we had always hold true to me. Good luck in all your future headings and see you at MMU convocation in August!

3 replies

  1. Unknown Says:

    Haha,I was a NEET once...So, enjoy while you can! XD This seem more like a food post than a farewell one actually....=3

    Thank you for all the great memories as well. Hopefully we'll have another chance at meeting up before you go to Japan. Else we'll just have to meet up over there~!

  2. Li Sa Says:

    Nyekeke. will do while it last!
    well, you know me. What's better than having frens and food both at the same time? XD

    Yeah. won't forget the sharing sessions we had too cos it's so much fun XD I'll let you know if I go to Mlk before I leave for Japan :)

  3. kiddokun Says:

    True, the last dinner was memorable. Really gonna feel something when most of you grad, but thats life. All the best in your future headings. :)

    P/S: I still want my figurine. :P

Bits of Life | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com