It's ALIVE!! Muahahaha...

on 4/21/2005 01:49:00 PM
*ran around rejoicing, knocked into the wall and my pee brain in cloud nine brought back down to earth*

'It' actually refer to my com, or my system unit to be exact. And you've guessed it. it was unusable the first few days of my holiday at home... Why? Firstly, my system unit have really weird display card that i need a DVI to VGA adapter in order to connect it to my monitor at home. Unfortunately, i absent-mindedly left the adapter in melacca, still connected to my monitor, which is packed and left in our rental house. Damn! So the 2nd day at home, me and my mom went around taiping to search for computer accessories shop. Now i realize how few computer shops are in taiping. I think it's least then 10 in total >"<. Anyway, the first shop said they dun have stock, so have to order. 2nd shop said they've never seen such thing before *sweatdrops* and finally, the 3rd shop, i was expecting that they have none that i need. Yet, to my surprise, they've got it! it was 20 bucks but i dun care. i got the money, then paid and got wat i wanted happily back home, thinking that things are finally going my way. Little did i know that the worst was yet to come.

At night, i connected every single cable there was to my system unit, and it worked!! i was in euphoria when the windows login page popped out and things were going fine, jz abit slower than usual, not that i care! Then, i was happily clicking the PVs and anime promos to show my sisters, when a window popped out of nowhere and said my com's gonna shut down in 30 seconds. What the HELL?! i'm certain that my face was ash white as my sisters weren't looking too good themselves. I shrugged off any negative thought and left the com restarting while i went downstairs to get some air. Things took a turn for the worse when my younger sis ran down and told me that there's this window saying some files' missing and can't go into window login page. If i'm a comical character you would see my jaws dropped to the floor, eyes popped out and dark lines appearing around me. But that couldn't express half of my shockness. So i shot upstairs and was partially hoping that my sis was kidding me. My hope shattered into pieces when i saw the black monitor screen with the obnoxious window popped out in the centre. shit! i restarted the com numerous times, to no avail. DAMN!!! So i gave up, and resorted to my super dad, who came to the rescue.

Actually when i told him about that cursed incident, he was in Penang with his frens browsing computer stuff. I told him my harddisk had gone kisiao (crazy) and maybe need someone with computer supporting SATA harddisk (yes, mine's SATA, cos the stupid computer guy jz have to give me parts so unique that most ppl dun use.. =_=|||) in order to save my precious anime and stuff. Later dad came back and tried to use another harddisk as my com's primary master. He first formated it, which was previously my another com's 40gb harddisk filled with my sis's RO stuff *death glare from sis* and then connected it in my com. I was hoping that it would work but at the end i jz got more disappointed. Exhausted, both of us called it a day and my dad said he'll let his computer whiz frens to have a look at it the next day. In the mean time, he'd got a router and a harkdisk to usb cable from his penang trip. He was really excited like a kid, trying to connect our coms at home to the router as my house got 2 coms excluding my system unit. But then his attempts were futile and he suspected that there's some problems in the wiring which made the connection void.

So, we spent 2 days without internet connection, where my sis glued to the PS2 to fill in their emptyness XD while i started to write my previous blogs entry cos we've nothing better to do. Haiz... Luckily, my dad's fren was able to fix it! Wee~~ Finally! Found out that dad connected the harddisk wrongly but i'm jz glad it worked in the end. IT's ALIVE!!! YEAH!!!

That's it about my precious system unit which is working jz fine now, and i really hope nothing bad will happen to it again *touch wood*. Since dad added another harddisk for me, now i've got a total of 160gb in my com!! weee~~ that means more space for anime and manga!! yeah!

Bits of Life | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com